Closing Date: 09/01/2018
Using your extensive knowledge of modern, extensible PHP development and your positive, tenacious attitude, you'll build a range of applications, services and sites to delight our clients.
Creation is a full service agency and our growing development team is looking for outstanding engineers to immediately contribute to this success. The role requires offering varied solutions to varied clients so we'll be looking for someone with both a keen eye for detail and a wide knowledge of backend design and process.
Primarily we hire on attitude, enthusiasm and the ability to absorb new technologies quickly, but to kick off we need someone with skills in modern OOP PHP. If you have experience of frontend tech and AWS all the better. We will quickly get you up to speed with our testing, DVCS, CI and CD automation toolchain.
You are fascinated with the bigger aspects of software development; from frameworks to methodologies, patterns to interface usability.
- You have experience of working in an agency environment and enjoy the challenges it brings
- You have at least 4 years experience of using PHP as an application developer.
- You can talk passionately about an area of web or mobile technology that excites you.
- You know when to innovate and when to use the tried and tested approach.
- You learn; through reading, research, playing, experimenting.
- You share what you learn.
- You want to work with passionate people on smart solutions.
- You want to put best of class theory into practice.
- You want to learn; take apart new tools, attend a conference and then tell us all about it.
- You want to build tools to help you get your job done faster.
We offer industry-leading remuneration. You will benefit from an excellent development plan, training budget, access to courses/training and certification. Further benefits will include pension, bonus, generous hols, Christmas shut-down, Friday beers and legendary socials/trips.
After a record year we are hugely excited about our future. We offer a wide variety of benefits from 25 days holiday and childcare vouchers. We've have a cycle to work scheme and showers for the sporty types!
We are serious about learning and development and want our people to stay at Creation and grow with us.
Our company culture is hugely important to us, helping us make a collaborative, friendly and innovative environment to work.
You will be working in our new office designed with our values and aspirations in mind, due for launch mid September, smack bang in the heart of Bristol close to College Green (BS1).